Venetian plaster Training program by Stucco Italiano
The course is held at our studio and lasts five days, Monday through Friday.
The cost is €500 euros ( plus Vat= 22% ) and includes: All material used, Full use of the workshop and Transportation from the hotel to the workshop (if your lodging is close to our workshop) and back to the hotel.
Upon completion you will receive a “Stucco Italiano Certificate of Attendance.”
Tools will be provided. It is recommended that you bring your own work clothes.
We will be running our course with a minimum class size of 3 and a maximum of 8 people.
The first kind of course: The Basics
- A brief introduction about binders used in construction, in particular lime and cement.
- A look at the main problems likely to be encountered at the worksite when applying our materials.
- A discussion about the tools of the trade.
- Application of all materials with particular attention to Stucco Italiano Venetian Plaster.
- Application of special additives like: Sand for Salt and Pepper, Terracotta powder, glitter or Mother of Pearl.
- How to paint ‘fresco’ on Marmorino (false Marble); and if needed, how to make marmorino with 2 or more colors, how to waterproof with natural soap, how to use a variety of waxes to improve results, how to mix colors, how to make good corners, and how to work on large surfaces.
2020 Calendar: next class
• March 30th - 3rd- week 14
Applications for this course should be submitted by 21st of January with a deposit € 150 paid in advance
Hotel suggested in Vicenza town:
2 stars: hotel La Terrazza http://www.laterrazzahotelvicenza.com/ discount: 5 euro per night that is a single € 40,00
3 stars: Hotel Doge http://www.hoteldoge-vi.it/ you can have a discount: ask for that since you come for stucco italiano € 65,00 -"cozy "
3 stars: Hotel Verdi http://www.hotelverdivicenza.it/ special price for S.I. single with breackfast € 45,00 Double € 55,00 please demand for it "Big rooms" hotel suggested 4 stars Hotel AC Marriot http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/vicvi-ac-hotel-vicenza
Second type of course: For Experts
Courses for Experts, that is, artisans with more than one year of experience with Stucco Italiano products.
You will practice applying faux marble and special decorative finishes as well as do advanced applications with flooring materials.
The Third type of course (organized on request)
Single-themed courses are organized for those who want an in-depth course on one or more topics / finishes - for a minimum of 3 participants.
Tourism courses are possible. Provides 5 days of school in our laboratory and 5 days of travel to important tourist destinations in northern Italy.
The theory aims to explain the behavior of the lime when mixed in different formulation, how to make any colour starting from 5 basic dyes, how to modify your materials to get the better result.
The use of primers and how to protect and maintain the plasters
The practical training will be done applying on boards put on walls and on special book-rests, but also on real walls and floors.
We see how to perform perfect corners, how get shine or dull, but it is also possible to learn how to make false marble or wood effect and how to get shining marmorino using the "hot iron". On request we can see about old techniques of working plaster like Sgraffito
Read our new catalogue, it is full of ideas.
The new Stucco Italiano catalogue is a comprehensive reference guide for our full product range: Interior and Exterior Special Effects with venetian plaster for Walls and Floors, Stucco paint, Venetian Plaster,Textured Marmorino Walls Finishes, Spatulata plaster, Travertine plaster, Polished stucco, Takeldakt.