OSSIDATO Light and Dark
Description of the product:
Ossidato Dark and Ossidato Light are decorative water-based decorative paint, with an antique effect.
Their main features are the ease and speed of application and the fact that they are highly decorative and washable.
It can be applied on all building surfaces provided they have a smooth finish.
It has excellent resistance to the effects of light, knocks and abrasions. It has anti-static properties, repels dust. For this reason, it is particularly recommended for use in prestigious shops, elegant flats, professional studios and in places where there is wear and tear such as banks, offices, public and commercial buildings, kitchens, living rooms, etc.
Natural, inflammable and eco-friendly.
- Application: by hand, with brush or spalter, and trowel. In one or two coats
- Dilution: Ready to use. For special finishes dilute it max.10%.
- Yield: 5-8 sq.m per liter/ layer
- Drying: 4 hours at 20°C to the touch 24 hours at 20°C below the surface
- Application Temperatures: min. 8 - max 30°C - U.R. < 85 % ca.
- Specific weight: 1,040 ± 40 (gr/LT.)
- Inflammability: non-flammable
- VOC Classification: As per Dir. 2004/ 427 EC, Cat . A/c: Paints for exterior walls of mineral substrate. Eu limit 75 g/l (2007) 40 g/l (2010). This product contains 10 g/l of Voc.
- Resistance to washing: UNI 10560 > 5000 brush strokes
- Classification: EN 13300 Highly resistant to washing - Class 2
- Shelf Life: 18 months in original packaging.
- Packaging: 1 L. and 5 L. buckets.
- Storage Suggestions: Product maintains its characteristics best if protected from extreme heat or cold. Avoid freezing.
- Safety Norms: In case of contact with eyes rinse thoroughly with water. Keep out of reach of children.
- Disposal: Product must be disposed of according to norms and regulations in force. Containers should be recycled.
Ossidato has a Primer that is dark color for Ossidato Dark and light for Ossidato Light. It has additives to obtain pleasant metallic silver or gold effects.
Ready to use in white - can be colored with our colour system
Make sure they are perfectly smooth or smooth and plaster them with enough material. Apply Primer for Ossidato ( Light or Dark) with a brush or roller, taking care not to leave any marks typical of these tools (brush strokes or "orange peel" roller marks.) And allow it to dry completely. Just in case that the plaster is dusted or soft we suggest to apply first a coat of Normal primer diluted 1 to 8 with water and after 4 hours the primer for Ossidato.
Walls with old paint
Remove all old, unstable paint, clean and apply a coat of Normal Primer diluted 1 to 8-10 with water. Smooth it out with fine stucco to obtain a smooth, uniform surface. Apply a coat of Normal Primer diluted 1 to 8 and after at least four hours apply Primer for Ossidato. Allow it to dry completely.
Primer for Ossidato Dark comes in 2-liter containers.
WARNING: It is necessary to check the compatibility of the colorants before use if they are different from those supplied by us.
After inserting the dye into the product, stir slowly, avoiding violent cutting movements. If using orbital mixers, use the minimum speed allowed by the appliance for 2 minutes.
Application with brush and spatula
Apply with a brush or spalter. Immerse the brush directly into the material and apply it to one spot on the wall and from that spot, using short (8-14 cm) brush-strokes, move it in all directions. Continue to repeat the same operation applying the next at 15 or 20 cm from the center of the previous spot and spreading it around in the same way. Continue until you reach the end of the wall, taking care to cover the entire surface, but leaving more material in some areas ( the place where you put the material with the brush) and less in other areas.
As soon as the product begins to dry (after 18-20 minutes), it can be gone over with the appropriate flexible plastic spatula, exerting light pressure.
After a while, when the drying process is going to start, bat the material is still wet, you can repeat the operation. And after applying the product again, wait about 60 minutes, then go over it with the appropriate plastic or flexible steel spatula moving in all directions with long movements of about 18-20 cm., compressing the colored particles.
Application by brush
Apply by brush or spalter. Immerse the brush directly into the material and apply it to one place on the wall and from there, use short (8-14 cm) brush-strokes, moving it in all directions. Continue repeating the same operation until the wall ends, taking care to cover the entire surface, but leaving more material in some areas and less in others. After 5 or 6 hours (at 20º C), you can repeat the operation and after applying the product wait for about 60 minutes. Then with a dry brush, go over the entire surface moving in all directions with long movements of about 18-20 cm, compressing the colored particles slightly.
Application by trowel
Apply with a small, metal trowel using 20-30 cm strokes, crisscrossing in all directions. After 5 or 6 hours, repeat the operation and after about 60 minutes, when the drying is about to begin, compress the surface with a metal or light, plastic spatula making strokes in all directions, compressing the small colored particles.
Wash the tools with water
Add a package of Metallic Additive for Oxidized (Silver or Gold) from L.o,5 to a box of L.5,0 of Ossidato Dark.
Application and possible coloring are as described above.